Getting you Fit & Healthy, Keeping you Fit & Healthy
Massage, Acupuncture, Counselling, Nutrition and much more ..
The Albany Street Clinic is located in the New Town and is home to some of Edinburgh's most established and experienced complementary health practitioners. The clinic is known for it's warm and calm atmosphere as well as the effective care of the practitioners. As well as treating a range of chronic and acute complaints, we are also the dedicated venue for The Natural Fertility Centre, the Natural Pregnancy Clinic and the Arthritis and Frozen Shoulder Clinic.
Our clinic is host to professional, experienced and specialist massage therapists, acupuncturists, herbalists, counselling, nutritionists and much, much more. Have a look at our Treatments page or scroll through the Therapists if you know who you're looking for.
Here at Albany Street, we know how hard it is to maintain optimal health in a busy life because we are all in the same boat. We will work with you to gain and maintain a healthy weight, ease a sore back, relax those tight shoulders and tone muscles, release painful joints and clear your skin as well as help you along your fertility and pregnancy journey if that's what you need most.
Call us to book an appointment on 0131 629 1529. At busy times your call may be diverted to an answering machine - please don't be put off and do leave a message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
- People often don't know how to differentiate between acupuncture and 'dry-needling' so here's a very good blog about how to choose the right acupuncturist for you and to suit your needs.
- The Australians have updated their food pyramid according to The Mail Online, with vegetables as the base of the pyramid, followed by health grains and then proteins. Sugar is totally banned according to their new guidelines.
- There's more about using acupressure for allergy relief here with a useful video to show you exactly what to do
- Facial Acupuncture is getting more popular at the clinic and three of our acupuncturists are fully trained in this procedure -just send us an email if you're interested in finding out more, or read this recent article in the Huffington Post.
- See here for 27 evidenced-based Health and Nutrition tips.
With the start of the running season coming up, you could boost performance by dealing with old injuries and stiffness through some sports massage and acupuncture. Get some energy into those tired and heavy legs, pay some attention to your hard working feet and give your will power a nudge in the right direction.
May Beauty News & Offers
Lana is offering £15 off any facial for the month of May- call her to book on 07912 351 285 and for more information please visit www.beautyserviceswithlana.com
Pam Dobbie will be supporting individuals and small groups by providing Trauma Releasing Exercise sessions at the Albany Street Clinic from May 2015. For more info, see here. Pam offers cranio sacral therapy at our clinic and this is an interesting article that will tell you more about it.
Menu of the Month :
It's still not hot so MindBodyGreen have a lovely recipe for hearty minestrone soup (see picture) which is easy to do.
We're all about POSITIVE EATING here at the Albany Street Clinic. Eating well is much more about adding in the good stuff than taking out the bad stuff (with the exception of sugar). There is so much that can be done to improve your nutritional intake and the results are a more robust immune system, more energy, weight loss, better skin & hair, balanced hormones (that goes for men and women) and balanced blood sugar levels.